Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Christmas Day Performance

Doodlebug, my older child, loves to be the center of attention. She loves to perform and regularly puts on plays and concerts for us. For the past couple of months the girls have been practicing a play to perform for whomever happened to be here on Christmas day. As it turned out my dad and brother-in-law were here for the day so the girls did have more than their parents as an audience. Their show was a three part performance which included a dramatic reenactment of Mary's journey to Bethlehem and the birth of baby Jesus, a slightly modified version of the Nutcracker ballet and a Christmas circus which had to be cancelled due to the dancing dog not being willing to dance when commanded. I videtaped the whole thing of course, but I have a very old, outdated video camera. Right now my dad and husband are trying to figure out how to transfer the video from analog to digital so that it can be saved on the computer. If they figure it out perhaps I can post a clip here. At any rate, it was an enjoyable show, and I am thankful to have some method of capturing it for posterity even if my equipment is antiquated.

No comments: